Cut Eggplant into slices.
• You want to choose an eggplant not to firm. You should be able to squeeze it slightly.
• If there are too many seeds try to remove them.
Roast on the grill until slightly blackened on both sides. No need to salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
• Mamma prefers the flat iron grill shown below
Remove from the heat and place on a plate containing:
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic, basil, and salt
You can serve immediately, or even better, the next day!
Leftover Eggplant cooked like this is great in homemade spaghetti sauce…
Here, in Sicily, meat is cut thin. Seldom, if ever, have I seen a thick slice of meat. I mainly added this meal, not because of the cooking method, because that is the same. Rather, I added it because of the grill that they use. Every family has one of these…
• Sprinkle with salt, dried herbs (Rosemary), and drizzle on Extra Virgin Olive Oil
insalata di quinoa e borlotti
4 hours ago