Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Liquore alle more

Blackberry Liqueur
I have been saving this post for a long time, as I wanted to post it once everything was complete. It took five months of preparation, but I have to say that it was well worth it! During the warm summer month of July, we set out with some friends to collect wild blackberries. This year we wanted to give a bottle of this unique sweet liqueur for Christmas, and we had just the right amount of time to do so. Once December came around, family and friends enjoyed all the sweetness of the summer...



3 comments:

Laurie said...

I just found this post, & would love it if you would share your recipe! I hope to have a good blackberry harvest this year.

Rowena said...

What a lovely, lovely post to warm up to! Seriously Jill, just looking at those summer photos makes me feel the chill a bit less. It looks like you were able to make quite a few bottles too!

Have a great time in Genova...I hope you'll share some of your eating and sightseeing adventures there!

Anonymous said...

i'm with laurie, please, please, another post about the process.

the photos are gorgeous, so glad you documented it, that big basket of berries and those huge jars and of course those gorgeous completed bottles.