Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cotto e Crudo

This morning I found a new website that I would like to share, ‘Cotto e crudo’ . I appreciate their approach and what they are all about.  Enjoy...



"Choosing the food we buy and eat is a powerful means of taking responsibility for ourselves and the world we live in. It is important that such choices are informed and conscious. ‘Cotto e crudo’ is focused on sustainable, cruelty-free cooking and the development of recipes that are delicious, healthy, nutritious, animal-friendly and gentle on the environment. The site gives people some ideas and resources to introduce more plant-based food into their diets, to optimize their health, eating habits, lifestyle, to prevent disease and lower the negative impact that modern, contemporary (food) production and consumerism have had on nature, the planet and its inhabitants."

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing the Cotto e crudo site. There are several recipes I'd like to try!

Alice said...

Hi Jill,
nice to meet you. I'd like to thank you for this post, I really do appreciate it and I'm glad you like my blog. Good to know there's a new, all Sicilian blog to come visit...Sicily is my favorite Italian region.
Ciao!

Jill said...

Laurie, I know isn't the site great! Enjoy...

Alice, Thank you! I was so happy to find your blog. Keep up the good work and please, come by and take a peek at my Sicily anytime. :)

Megan in Liguria said...

Let's meet in Genova soon!

Anonymous said...

i could not have said it better! i have so enjoyed visiting here and will definitely be back.

one day, i will get to Italy, and it will be a watch, learn, eat tour, lol.

have any exra nonna's around that could come over and teach me a thing or two?

Jill said...

Megan in Liguria, I know we need to! Let's work on a date...

underthebigbluesky, you know a watch, learn, eat tour sounds a bit like something we have been dreaming about creating here... I think people would be interested! Let the nonna teach you here, while you immerse yourself in the beauty...

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Ooh looks like a great site! Thanks for sharing :)

Hope all is well in Sicilia!